STORY BEHIND THE FUELS SUMMITThe Fuels Summit is an event designed for leaders who distribute and sell gasoline, diesel, oil and lubes, natural gas, propane, and other fuels that power the Texas economy. Hosted by the Texas Food & Fuel Association, the Fuels Summit was formed as part of a strategic initiative to connect thought leaders, vendors, and others in Texas who have a stake in the fuel marketing and convenience retailing industries.By participating in the Fuels Summit, you’ll be among the first to:
- Gain a new perspective on how your business is performing against competitors in Texas and across the country.
- Discover how our industry’s super stars continue to grow their businesses, along with areas to enhance your own company's performance.
WHAT TO EXPECTTurn out and ignite your passion for fuels! Whether your goal is to boost your business performance, explore new technology, or create stronger relationships — you’ll discover practical ways to improve your environmental impact, retain customers, reduce costs and gain operational improvements to drive growth.Specifically, you’ll leave the Fuels Summit with:
- Dozens of new business relationships that can help solve challenges you face
- Educational handouts and industry publications
- Deeper understanding of downstream fuels data and industry trends, including their impact to fuel wholesalers and retailers in Texas
- Cost saving measures to reduce penalties with federal and state regulators
- A new, strategic approach that you can apply to your business operations
- Proven tactics that can help you stand out from the competition
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- C-Store/Grocery Retailers
- Single Store Operators
- Convenience Store Chains
- Petroleum Marketers
- Petroleum Equipment Companies
- Executives & Managers
- Retailer Account Representatives
- Industry Suppliers
- Others interested in learning and engaging in this event!
Pump up your fuels-knowledge and satisfy your craving for information with an educational program designed exclusively for fuel marketing and convenience retailing professionals. Learn alongside colleagues, meet new people, embrace innovation, and hear from a dynamic lineup of subject matter experts who have a combined over 100 years of experience.
The educational program for the Fuels Summit focuses on four main categories: 1) Legislative/Regulatory, 2) Environmental, 3) Transportation, and 4) Energy. This entire learning experience is designed with you in mind!
9:30 - 10:00 am
Electronic Logging Devices (ELD’s) – Understanding the ELD Transition
Moderator: Terry Tesch, R.B. Stewart Petroleum Products, Inc.
Presenter: Tom Hartman, Safety Compliance, Commercial Fleet Data Systems
It takes the effort of an entire team to ensure your commercial transportation fleet is in compliance with new Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Electronic Logging Device (ELD) technology policies. With the second phase of the ELD compliance date scheduled for December 18, 2017, investing your time and energy in this session will leave you with:
- Tips for training employees so that drivers are knowledgeable and comfortable using ELD technology
- Key requirements of the ELD Rule
- Minimum device specifications
- Real cost of ELD implementation
- Benefits of transitioning to ELD’s
- ELD checklist
10:00 - 10:30 am
Price Gouging: An Update on the Latest from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas
Price gouging is illegal, and the Office of the Attorney General has authority to prosecute any business that engages in price gouging after a disaster has been declared by the governor. In this 30 minute session you'll learn how to protect yourself and your business from a potential lawsuit. Topics covered include:
- Update on price gouging lawsuits following Hurricane Harvey
- Making the decision to raise prices
- Communicating with customers
- Product and fuel marketing tips
Paul Hardin, CAE, TFFA
Matt Burgin, TFFA
Scott B. Fisher, TFFA
Stuart Strnad, Director for Consumer Product Protection with the Texas Department of Agriculture
The Texas Food & Fuel Association (TFFA) was on the offensive during the 85th session of the Texas Legislature, an effort that resulted in the passing of “good” bills while simultaneously preventing “bad” bills from becoming law. Follow along for a presentation that will walk you through the halls of the Texas Capitol and provide an in-depth discussion of:
House Bill 2174 – TFFA’s key bill privatizing meter calibrations and fuel quality testing currently performed by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) – get the latest update on implementation of the new law!
American Disability Act (ADA) drive-by lawsuits, tobacco smoking age, BBQ, annual vehicle inspections, and other bills that impact the convenience retailing, fuel marketing, and grocery industries in Texas.
*BONUS: This session will conclude with a presentation on the latest information on new Underground Storage Tank (UST) regulations being considered by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), including a potential solution for the disposal of hydrostatic test waters.
1:45 - 3:00 pm
Overcoming the Diesel Fuel Tank Corrosion Epidemic
Scott B. Fisher, TFFA
John Keller, Petroleum Solutions, Inc.
Michael Thornton, D & H United Fueling Solutions
Bud Moore, Vaporless Manufacturing, Inc.
Today’s ultra-low diesel fuel is causing storage tanks to corrode at an alarming rate! When the EPA revealed the results of a recent study on the increasing presence of substantial corrosion in diesel fuel tanks, it proved that the problem is much larger than anyone anticipated.
This 75 minute session will cover:
- A history of the diesel tank corrosion problem
- Findings of the EPA study and Speculative Causes
- Liability risks for tank owners, including clean-up costs
- Solutions to mitigate corrosion and extend the life of your diesel fuel tank
3:15 - 4:30 pm
State of the Petroleum Industry: Hurricane Harvey‘s Impact on Downstream Fuel Markets
Presenter: Gary Bevers, President & COO, Fuels Market News
Hurricane Harvey has forever changed the understanding and importance of petroleum in the U.S. Hear from oil and gas expert Gary Bevers as he connects the dots between politics, regulations, fuel supply, consumer demand, and economic impact both before and after Hurricane Harvey made landfall. Participants will leave with this session with clearer insight into:
- Trump Administration Impact on U.S. Oil & Gas Industry
- Financial & Regulatory State of the Petroleum Industry
- How Hurricane Harvey exposed flaws in fuel sales and distribution
PARTICIPATE > FREE FOR MEMBERS // $95 FOR GENERAL/NON-MEMBERS
As a benefit of membership, there is no cost to participate in the Fuels Summit for members of the Texas Food & Fuel Association (TFFA). General/Non-members will be assessed a participation rate of $95. Simply register online and make your hotel reservations — we’ll take care of the rest!
To help keep participation rates free and reduced, we ask that you plan ahead and keep TFFA informed should you register, only to have an event occur that prevents you from participating in the Fuels Summit. We get it — stuff happens — your assistance will ensure a smooth and budget friendly event for years to come!
Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront
2055 Summer Lee Drive
Rockwall, TX 75032
If you made a room reservation for the original September dates, call the Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront to cancel and re-book your reservation for November 1-2. Call (866) 235-1108 and refer to group code TFO.
If you haven't made a room reservation, call the Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront at (214) 771-3700 today.
Refer to: TX Food & Fuel Association Fuels Summit when make your reservations. Room rates are $169 for single/double.